Callaway Epic Flash Driver
Artificial Intelligence. Real Ball Speed.
The new Epic Flash driver employs a new Callaway technology called Flash Face to help golfers get more ball speed for more distance. That great feeling you get when you make a good swing and crush one off the tee? Flash Face makes the ball go faster and farther.
Flash Face’s unique, internal mapping consists of dozens of subtle ripples flowing from heel to toe. Though the size, height, and configuration of the ripples appears random, they in fact work together cohesively to elevate COR in the face’s center region. That convention-defying accomplishment results in a significant ball speed boost for a noticeable distance increase when you make solid contact, helping make your longest drives go even longer.
The Epic Flash driver also incorporates our revolutionary Jailbreak technology that promotes fast, face-wide speed. The two internal, hourglass-shaped Jailbreak bars connect the crown to the sole, stabilizing and stiffening those two parts at impact, allowing the face to take on greater impact load to generate faster ball speed. Together, Flash Face and Jailbreak make the Epic Flash one of the most innovative and technologically advanced drivers in Callaway history.
Consumers have a choice of three premium stock shaft options: Project X EvenFlow, Project X HZRDUS Smoke, and Mitsubishi Tensei AV. The stock grip is Golf Pride’s premium Tour Velvet ALIGN Grip–the #1 grip model on the PGA Tour — with a special green reminder ridge unique to the Epic Flash.
- New Flash Face Technology for Faster Ball Speed – Callaway engineers used Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to create a radically different face design to promote faster ball speed in the center region of the face.
- Jailbreak Technology for Faster Ball Speed – Internal Jailbreak bars stiffen and stabilize the crown and sole, placing more impact load on the face to promote faster ball speed.
- New T2C Triaxial Carbon Crown Material for Higher MOI – A new lighter triaxial carbon fabric called T2C has a tighter weave; the weight it saves is redistributed within the head to raise MOI for exceptional forgiveness on off-center hits.
- Adjustable Perimeter Weighting for Ball Flight Control – Sliding 16-gram weight gives golfers the power to easily promote draws, fades or a straighter flight.
Callaway Women’s Epic Flash Fairway
A Revolutionary Ball Speed Package with Flash Face Technology
The new Epic Flash fairway wood features our groundbreaking new Flash Face Technology to help golfers of every level and swing speed get more ball speed and distance.
We took the insights we acquired from using Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) and Machine Learning to develop our new Flash Face and Flash Face Sub Zero drivers. And we applied what we learned to create an ultra-thin, forged Carpenter 455 steel clubface for Epic Flash fairway woods that incorporates our renowned Face Cup technology and our new Flash Face technology. The result is a uniquely designed clubface that’s expressly engineered for high COR across a large area, to promote fast ball speed on both center and off-center hits.
Within the clubhead, Callaway’s innovative Jailbreak Technology is the engine that promotes increased ball speed. It features two internal bars that connect the crown to the sole, stabilizing and stiffening those two parts, and allowing the face to take on greater impact load to generate faster ball speed.
Epic Flash fairway woods also have a new, lighter OptiFit Hosel to make it simple for players to dial in easy launch and optimal flight. And this saved weight in the hosel allows us to combine Jailbreak and adjustability for the first time ever in a fairway wood.
- New Flash Face Technology for Faster Ball Speed – Callaway engineers applied learnings from Artificial Intelligence to create a new fairway wood face design that promotes increased ball speed for longer distance.
- Forged Carpenter Steel Face Cup for Fast Speed – Forged 455 Carpenter steel construction combines with Face Cup technology to deliver fast ball speed across the face for distance on center and off-center hits.
- Jailbreak Technology for Fast Ball Speed – Our innovative Jailbreak Technology incorporates two internal bars that stiffen the body, placing more impact load on the face for fast ball speed.
- New OptiFit Hosel for Easy Launch and Optimal Flight – Callaway designed an entirely new hosel system that’s shorter and lighter; the saved weight is used to reposition the CG for easy launch and high, long-carrying flight.